Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss HELP! Tub stopper stuck in closed position in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. mplaza

mplaza New Member

I accidentally jammed the tub stopper and it won't come out, instead of using the level I just pushed it down... Is there any way to fix this without taking all the system apart? Or Do I also just need to get a new waste system for the tub?

2. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

Try a rubber sucker, like the end of a child's toy arrow or similar. Pull gently on the sucker while pushing the lever down.

3. mplaza

mplaza New Member

I tried that already and didn't work , I believe because it was kinda of screw type it wont come out that way

4. Dmitry Kara

Dmitry Kara New Member

Any chance for you to post a photo?

5. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard New Member

Take the bath trap off and push up from underneath. Should work and push free.

6. 1Steven

1Steven Plumber GSR

Ha ha use a wet and dry vac to get the water out first.

7. mplaza

mplaza New Member

jammed stopper

lever that turns to close and open stopper

8. 1Steven

1Steven Plumber GSR

May need a new popup unit.

9. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Wet vac the water out of the bath if full then remove the trap from under the bath you can then push the pop up waste from below . cheers kop