Search the forum,

Discuss Help to identify a push-fit fitting. Poly/Copper ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tone

Hi Guys, Im a DIY plumber when needs must and have been asked to fit a new kitchen mixer tap by my brother-in-law.

Easy, I thought having fitted the father-in-laws last week but when I looked under the sink, the push fit connections used to connect the current system were a mystery to me.

They are a grey polypipe type material with a large copper sleeve at the joint and have ablue ring around the copper sleeve which is obviously the release ring.

Just like this>
new_tech_inst4.jpg

Around the blue ring section, it is stamped WAVIN and there are several small round holes which I assume some tool is inserted into to unscrew it. It also appears that once the ring has been released and the fitting dismantled, the joint is non-reusable ??

My questions are, what the hell are these known as and where to get them?

What tool is required to release the lock ring ? I imagine a pair or circlip pliers would do the job.

If there is an alternative would it be OK to make the new tap connections to the tails using a HEP2 or John Guest fitting ???

Thanks very much for the help in advance.
Cheers
Tone

Osma gold, we used them back in the late 90s, had a few of them magicly unscrew themselves after being connected for 18mnths:eek: so i wouldnt bother unscrewing them your self. they come/came with a special spanner for unscrewing. use jg or hep 20 with the correct insert on the pipe as an alternative, they did the job but never really took off, there are much better fittings out there so dont bother trying to find replacements, techtite, speedfit, hep20 etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help to identify a push-fit fitting. Poly/Copper ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just looking for some advice, I have just fitted a new kitchen sink and both water pressures are the same in hot and cold on the mixer tap, both connected to tap flexies with shut off valves, however when hot is turned on it is not turning on the hot water for the boiler, previous sink had...
Replies
Views
We are replacing our kitchen mixer tap, but I haven't figured out how to remove the old one yet as I'm a lowly DIY-er and unfamiliar with the fitting that holds it in place. The old tap is a Franke Zurich, and inspecting underneath the sink I can see it has what looks like a brass tube with a...
Replies
Views
Don't laugh... (too much) We have a white mixer tap (20yrs old now) it needs replacing and I bought a very similar one yesterday.. it came with the flexible hoses as you'd expect but most don't seem to like.. anyway looking at it I couldn't see how it was piped in the first place. .all soldered...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in Tasmania, we bought a brand new townhouse that has a tiny internal laundry in a closet in the passage opposite the bathroom. It has a very small wash basin in one corner, the hot water cylinder is on the other end, but the space between these is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am trying to replace kitchen sink taps at my dad's house and the hot tap connection had a leak. I want to replace current fittings and I wondered if I can do it by cutting the old copper solder ring straight coupler off and put a compression connection on to the pipe that the coupler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock