Search the forum,

Discuss Help request - Central Heating only comes on if water is also being heated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MartinDowson

Hi. I'm a complete novice with Central Heating, and so I'm somewhat mystified by my current problem. Any thoughts from the experts here would be much appreciated.

My problem is manifesting itself in the following manner:

If hot water is drawn off whilst the system is quiet during the day (or overnight), then when the heating is due to come on it initially works and the pump starts. Then once the house has warmed and the thermostat has cut the heating, then as the house cools it doesn't come on again.

If no hot water is drawn off whilst the system is quiet, then when the heating is due to come on in the evening nothing happens.

I requested a plumber, who mumbled something to me about "low voltage to the 3-way valve" (?) and then did not turn up as he had agreed. So before trying someone else, does anyone on this forum have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for the replies.

It does sound like a motorised valve is faulty, but you need a local gsr engineer to come out and fault find the problem, try posting on the need a plumber thread on this forum, and hopefully a reliable qualified plumber in your area will help you out. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help request - Central Heating only comes on if water is also being heated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock