Search the forum,

Discuss Help please with wiring for Y-Plan system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine people of the plumbing world.
I have accidentally pulled out some of the wiring in the strip terminal that connects the 3 port valve, pump, controller, boiler & `stat. (a shelf collapsed pulling wiring out......eeek)
The Honeywell 3 port valve (40003916-001) has 6 wires attached, all info online I can find have 5 wires. I have identified and can connect the wiring for each other component, but my system does not have a room thermostat.
My problem is....How to wire the 6 tails from the 3 port valve. One colour I cant identify, `cos i`m colourblind and where to connect the white wire that would normally connect to the room `stat.
I hope this is clear and many thanks in advance.
Steve Anderson.

TBH I would get either a sparky who has knowledge of heating systems or a heating engy

Needs to be wired right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please with wiring for Y-Plan system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am replacing a 2 port z5 drayton valve with a 3 port mid position drayton. Can anyone please tell me what changes i have to make to the wiring. Another post suggested: 'you have to connect both white and grey wires to where the brown wire of the old head was connected' I have cocked up...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock