Search the forum,

Discuss HELP PLEASE – Plug mechanism is broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howdoi?

I could do with some advice please.

My bath has an overflowand plug, which lifts when you turn a handle.
Not particularly unusual, I know.

The handle has stopped twisting, meaning I can’t lift theplug. For a long time the handle didn’t lower the plug (I just pushed it down)but now it won’t go up either.

I’ve unscrewed and removed the handle and tried to turn thebar that the handle turns, but it only rotates about an 8[SUP]th[/SUP] of afull circle. I have tried a bit of force but it won’t go any further. I couldgive it a fair bit of force, but might break it!

Do any of you have any ideas what has gone wrong? Any suggestions?Should I take the overflow off? Should I check the cable? If do how? So manyquestions.

Cheers,
Dave

cables corroded or broke.
there £25 upwards.
if you like to fiddle then you can strip and replace with abike brake cable for a couple of quid

Thanks guys. Oh no, I definitely don't like to fiddle. I'll happily get a new one! Just wanted to check that I didn't do something unnecessary.

One follow up question - is it likely that I'll have to replace the plug too? Or can I get away with just replacing the cable and overflow bit? I could do without ripping out the actual plug if I can help it.

most likely you will have to change the whole unit top and bottom parts as one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP PLEASE – Plug mechanism is broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock