Search the forum,

Discuss Help!!!!!!!!! Pipe & drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adam1234

image.jpg Ok so I need to know what I should do, I have hit a gas pipe by drilling into it I know dumb. Don't think it's that bad and it's 100% not leaking what's the next course of action????

for now gas tighten test and later dig into the wall/floor and replace

If your not GS and your even slightly worried then you need to turn off the gas at the meter and call a GS engineer in to fix.

It's the main gas pipe, it's not leaking at all. Just don't know how much skin is left on the pipe.

No sorry, it's about 1.6m from metre up the wall. image.jpg as you can see a stupid mistake.

Can see the hole up the top might need to turn the screen on its side to see. Cupboard with metre then hole in wall above. If it is not leaking can it just be covered up? I am not GS so I car to really say. But I will get a GS bloke out tomorrow first thing

No it can't just be covered up, you have seriously damaged the pipe! It will need digging out and repairing properly.

I strongly recommend that you turn your gas off at the meter! Why take a risk!

Where are you located Adam as someone on here close to you may be able to help you get it fixed

Felixstowe, Suffolk. I will contact plumb rite in the morning and see what they can do, just don't want the hole wall taken out. Might see if my house insurance will cover it sought it tho

might need your house insurance if its leaking and you are telling porkies!!!!!!!!

After all, if it isnt leaking how do you know it is a gas pipe in the first place?

It's in a straight line with the pipe that comes from the gas metre and the drill bit did not go into the pipe as I have said it only hit it, not pieced it. I have came on here for advice on what to do, since it has not been pieced and there for not leaking I did not know if it was ok to just filler the hole in the wall. From the advice I have got a have a gas engi coming out tomorrow morning. Called a fibber what is this world coming to.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you click on the 2nd picture I posted you can see the cupboard where the metre is and the hole above it in a straight line. Fibbing on a f plumber forum haha some one has trust issues in there life

Last edited by a moderator:
meter....pierced....... just helping with spelling errors as I am happy to help those in need :)

re trust, been working with customers for far too long to believe anything they say or write.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help!!!!!!!!! Pipe & drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, an easy one: I recently had to drill through two outside walls to run 15mm pipes for a shower and sink. The holes are neat enough but need to be closed off to prevent draughts. Can I use expanding foam to block them? I wouldn't do this with central heating pipes, but the shower and...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All - Apologies for what is probably a very sill question but I am trying to get a shower that attaches to my existing bath taps. I want one with an over head shower head and a hand held one but they all seem to come with thermostatic taps that involve drilling into the wall to plumb in. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock