Search the forum,

Discuss Help on Baxi Boiler please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Hoping someone could offer some advice before I get a professional in (I like to gather some knowledge first)
I have a Baxi Combi Boiler (Sorry unsure of the model) which was fitted new two years ago. I've had no problems with it until last week my partner bled all the radiators in the house and now whilst the heating is on the pressure goes really high to the point water pours out the overflow when the heating is switched on, once the heating is turned off the pressure drops to zero and cuts the hot water/heating out until topped up again. I can't see any noticeable leaks in the house and regularly check for leaks around the boiler.
Any idea's what could be wrong?

Very common issue but needs a gas safe engy to sort expansion vessel flat

Basically, the air in the rads was acting as an expansion vessel, but this is not a good long term solution as air in the rads = air in the water = rust.

Hi All,

Hoping someone could offer some advice before I get a professional in (I like to gather some knowledge first)
I have a Baxi Combi Boiler (Sorry unsure of the model) which was fitted new two years ago. I've had no problems with it until last week my partner bled all the radiators in the house and now whilst the heating is on the pressure goes really high to the point water pours out the overflow when the heating is switched on, once the heating is turned off the pressure drops to zero and cuts the hot water/heating out until topped up again. I can't see any noticeable leaks in the house and regularly check for leaks around the boiler.
Any idea's what could be wrong?
When was it last serviced? This problem should have been checked then? Standard problem on a lot of boilers.

If your boiler is only 2yrs old and you have had it serviced every year, then 1 your engineer should have spotted it and represured to correct bar . With no charge to you, if and I say if, the expansion has failed a new one would be fit free of charge.

Reply to Help on Baxi Boiler please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock