Search the forum,

Discuss help oil boiler wont fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrianfs1

Hi all hope someone can help, taken delivery of 1000lts of heating oil today, moved into property yesterday, previous occupier allowed oil to run out, managed to get oil as far as what looks like a motor but i cant find a bleed screw. the boiler is a trianco eurostar combie 65, all help appriciated got no hot water.

Can you take a piccy of two of the burner and we'll try and identify it for you.

here are a few photos of the burner i think IMG_1166.jpgIMG_1160.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 30
Follow the red hose (oil line) to your burner, it is connected to the oil pump, look at the side of the pump and you will see 2 test points, one marked P and the other V.

Put an old container under the oil pump, use an allen key and unscrew the test point V, you will soon get bubble free oil.

clean up any and all spillages.

hi croppie, found the screw unscrewed it all the way out, oil was there although i expected it to come out under pressure but was just dribbling.
can you tell me why the reset button is not lit up the boiler will not fire at all

It sounds like the electrical supply is interrupted going to the burner. Assuming that you have power reaching the boiler, check to see if there is a fuse incorporated in to the panel. Next try the control stat and also the high limit stat which should have a reset button.
if the power is not reaching the boiler, check your consumer unit , time clock , cylinder stat and room stats. if the house has been unused for a while your motorised valves may be seized, Usually the boiler is switched via the auxillary switch in the m,valve. Opening them a few times with the manual lever may solve this if thats the problem.

checked wiring this morning sure enough broken wire repaired it and fired up straight away cheers tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help oil boiler wont fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
G
I have a danesmore 20/25 oil boiler and it is firing up but it’s producing no heat to the water or the radiators My next door neighbour an electrician has checked the cylinder and thermostat and they all check out ok so he thinks the problem is within the boiler Can Someone help give me some...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
S
Oil furnace not igniting, today my oil boiler tripped the central heating fuse, once reset the boiler needed reset on the furnace control box(no coloured light), once reset the boiler blower etc is running, but not firing, there is no heat coming from the boiler and nothing heating up. the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out on Friday after a long period of faultless running, there was a bit of gunk on the back of the (newish) nozzle (Danfoss Nozzle 0.65 x 80 EH) ...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock