Search the forum,

Discuss Help! No hot water in kitchen... Ok elsewhere?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jakey786

Hi I have a combi boiler which til now has worked great. The problem I have at the moment is there is no hot water coming from mixer tap in the kitchen. Although I have hot water in bathroom upstairs and also downstairs toilet sink. Have a feeling the pressure may not be enough to trigger the boiler to heat the water, tho there hasn't been too significant drop in the pressure. Having been reading that it may perhaps be the diverter valve diaphragm that needs replacing?? Have increased flow to mains to full and cleaned washers etc on mixer tap! Any advice would be most welcome

If the other taps fire the boiler up, then the issue has to be with the tap?

Hi Derek, thanks for ur reply. I can only assume then that the pressure isn't sufficient to trigger the heating switch from the boiler... But I've increased it to full and had a look at the mixer tap to ensure it opens to full (only quarter turn).

Any further advice??

it wont be the diverter valve if u still get hot water to all other draw offs

I would probably replace the cartridge as said in last post, or replace the taps.

Do you have a service valve under the tap? If so, disconnect the hot and then using a flexi and a bucket open the service valve and see if it triggers the boiler.

If so then you need a new cartridge/tap.

Do you have a service valve under the tap? If so, disconnect the hot and then using a flexi and a bucket open the service valve and see if it triggers the boiler.

If so then you need a new cartridge/tap.

Clever... Will try that tomorrow!

Thank you!

Hi all... Well couldn't get access to the service pipes properly so bought replacement cartdridges and after replacing the old ones found the same problem!

Any other ideas please?

Could be a split diaphragm in the diverter. Will actuate when the flow is good but if the flow is restricted at the kitchen tap it may not be enough to operate the micro switch.

Could be a split diaphragm in the diverter. Will actuate when the flow is good but if the flow is restricted at the kitchen tap it may not be enough to operate the micro switch.

Hi Mike thanks for ur reply. Is there an easy way to check the state of the diaphragm ... Is it something a novice can do?? Any instructions would be great .. Thanks

Unfortunately no. You need a gas safe registered engineer to look at the boiler. Perhaps book a service visit and mention the problem you are having.

Not really a job for a novice. Also, depending on what boiler you have, you would also be breaking the law by removing the case.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! No hot water in kitchen... Ok elsewhere?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on the other of the T junction to the kitchen mixer tap it's stone cold, anyone any ideas ?
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s especially from Shaun. The customer had ordered swan neck mixer taps for kitchen, bathroom and ensuite. On installing then all the hot water flow is none...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock