Discuss Help..? Newly qualified in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the minimum annual salary a newly qualified gas engineer should get roughly?doing servicing GSC & the odd boiler.

There isn't anything set in stone have a look around your area (new jobs what they are listed at)

Age & experience play a big part, is it a large Co you work for ? what are you earning now ? what are other engineers on Co earning ?

Can you do the job alone? Or do you need to work alongside someone for experience?

Age & experience play a big part, is it a large Co you work for ? what are you earning now ? what are other engineers on Co earning ?
Probably a don't ask, don't tell policy like my company. According to media best to move on every 4-5yrs or you get left behind pay wise.

What's the minimum annual salary a newly qualified gas engineer should get roughly?doing servicing GSC & the odd boiler.
As said there isn't, all to do with how much the company think you are worth.
As a guide you are worth 25% of what you earn the company, the rest goes towards training, holidays, tax and expenditures and making a profit that year.

Your confusing.
4yrs labouring & now on your own doing what?
Are you qualified or just thinking about doing it?

I think it is not worth chasing the money in the first place. I'd rather chase the knowledge first and then the money. It will come automatically with a pay rise ... once you feel very confident and you can deliver good quality work with a wide variety of knowledge then you will earn decent. But then again it depends on what company you work for. A lot of companies do not care as people come and go. As @rpm has mentioned above it has a lot of other factors

I'm newly qualified 4 months, I do gsc and servicing and the odd boiler 1-2 a month maybe , was labouring for 4 years learning the trade!

I'm newly qualified 4 months, I do gsc and servicing and the odd boiler 1-2 a month maybe , was labouring for 4 years learning the trade!
Perhaps, give it a bit more time before chasing the money and get more experience. I think everything comes with time and experience. But it is down to you.

What`s with all the ! marks, you are coming across as a typical person of the "Instant" generation which doesn`t apply in the world of work and remuneration.

But should I be earning 20k or more just now do you think..?
Not in the real world with only 4 months experiance, as said before look around at wanted adverts, even apply for some then you will see.

so many questions like has he paid for your training, given a van and power tools, insured, registered etc? How busy is the small business? I personally would stick with it and take less money than I want and get my experience up over the next few years. Talk money when you are making him some and if you are not happy then maybe time to move on.

Only quoting them because most quick pass GSR’s think they are worth the 80k they are reading about in sick media keep thinking they’ll get as soon as they’ve passed the ACS.

Are you based anyhere near S/London? We're hiring! (and not just for the winter)
Im based in shepherds bush but can relocate to a family home in south,
I am recently qualified with the following C&G Level 3 Gas Installation, Maintence and Utilisation
CCN1 MET1 LPG CPA1 LAU LES

I will also be doing my ACS in few weeks or so.

Depends what you mean by the south ? if your thinking South West (Devon/Cornwall) expect a cut in earnings of at least 30% to 40%

Im based in shepherds bush but can relocate to a family home in south,
I am recently qualified with the following C&G Level 3 Gas Installation, Maintence and Utilisation
CCN1 MET1 LPG CPA1 LAU LES

I will also be doing my ACS in few weeks or so.

Bit confused. You say you do the odd boiler, but you have no CENWAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help..? Newly qualified in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back