Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed with valve name. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

I’m designing a new type of renewable energy heating system. I have no plumbing technical knowledge whatsoever so I don’t even know the terms to begin searching for the names of components I need on google- I just know what I need them to do, and that doesn’t bring up search results.
I was wondering if you may be able to help me please?

I need a valve that can go in between a boiler and a tank that has a weighted plunger in it.
So when the boiler reaches a certain pressure, steam vents from the boiler into the tank, pushing the plunger up. When the pressure is equal between the boiler and the tank, the valve needs to shut off. The steam will then condense, reducing in volume and the weighted plunger will push down under gravity, at which point the valve needs to reverse, allowing condensed water from the tank back into to the boiler and preventing the water from returning to the tank until sufficient pressure is reached in the boiler again.

I know such valves exist as I have seen them, but I don’t know what they are called.

Can anyone help please? I’d be really grateful.

Thanks guys!

Sorry we cannot provide you will information that could caused harm to yourself and others, Shaun sort this gentleman out please . Kop

I’m asking for the name of a valve. How’s that causing harm to myself or anyone else? With due respect...

Just wow. That’s all kinds of unsafe. If you don’t even know the names of the components then you are in above your head. Do a bit more research into the safety issues of what you suggest and you’ll understand why it’s a BAD idea

For safety reasons please get someone who is experienced in designing solar system to design it as system temperatures can go above 100dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed with valve name. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock