Search the forum,

Discuss Help Needed - Unusual Water Pressure Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R3YMY

A couple of nights ago when running a bath there was a clunking noise and the hot water tap completely stopped (no water at all) cold water was running fine though. This is the strange part!.... we are getting full hot water pressure from the kitchen sink, (heating is also fine) no issues, but every other hot water tap in the house produces no water at all. I'm occasionally getting gargling noises when opening the effected hot water taps as if it's an air lock but nothing's seems to fix it!. There is a downstairs toilet, upstairs bathroom, ensuite and shower. None of these hot water taps produce any water flow. I have tried air lock techniques but nothing has made any improvement yet. Any advice would be great. Thanks

What type of DHW system is it ?
Do you have any TMV's on the DHW system ?

If this is an unvented system you will possibly need to find an Engineer who is qualified to cover the G3 requirements !

Apologies for the delay. Sorry but I'm not familiar with boiler terms! It's a Worcester combo boiler. Only thing I have done that I can think would have any link, was I increased the water pressure (had fallen below 1 bar) about a week before it cut off

Need to know more about your system:

1. What model of Worcester Bosch boiler is it.
2. Even if it's a combi, do you still have a hot water cylinder (HWC) (usually in airing cupboard)?
3. Do you still have a cold water storage cistern (CWSC) (usually in the loft)?

One possible scenario is if the combi only provides hot water to the kitchen, with other hot outlets fed from the HWC which in turn is fed from the CWSC. If the CWSC is empty (faulty float valve) or there is a blockage between CWSC and HWC, this would produce the symptoms you describe. It could also be an airlock in the HWC coil or the pipework leading to / from it.

It's a Greenstar 37CDi Combi. No water tanks of any kind in the house.

Thanks again

It's a Greenstar 37CDi Combi. No water tanks of any kind in the house.

Thanks again

Did you follow the manufactures instruction for filling your heating system ? , i suspect you used the white key insert it below turn to lock it in position open the fill knob top up the system turn off the knob below turn slightly to unlock and pull to remove the key if you have left the key in thats your problem. Cheers k

Hi

Yeah, followed the instructions, at a total loss. Any boiler engineer or plumber I've spoken too hasn't dealt with my specific problem. Assumption is of some kind of blockage, however why would it block every hot water tap other than kitchen sink?

Have you got any thermostatic mixer valves anywhere?
Or isolation valves in the pipework to the taps that are not working?

If you have one tap (hot) working and the others went off with a clunk, I would guess that a valve has broken or something has become stuck inside a valve !

When the system was in working order, did you ever notice that there was a temperature difference between the kitchen tap and the others i.e. were the others cooler?

Assuming that the combi supplies the kitchen tap first, then there has to be a restriction in the common pipework after the branch serving the kitchen tap as it appears to affect all of the other outlets. If the system has been upgraded from an open vented hot water system and the combi has been installed in a location other than where the original storage cylinder/DHWS unit, the possibility exists that the direction of flow in the hot water pipework may have been reversed and that the loose jumper in a stopcock on the hot pipework has 'popped' ( hence the thump ) and is now acting like a non-return valve. A long-shot, but a possibility that fits with your description. Good luck.
Desperateden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Needed - Unusual Water Pressure Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock