Search the forum,

Discuss Help Needed Please Re Shower Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have just had a complete refit of my Bathroom and the toilet was boxed in and the plumber decided a good place for the shower pump was inside the boxing However after he finished we could smell an odour of the sewer and when I looked in the boxing the Plumber has left the shower pump on the cardboard box the pump came in and it is not fixed to anything and the box is pushing against the waste pipe and I think that is the reason for the smell. I asked him that just leaving it ontop of a cardboard box seemed a bit odd and he said it is to stop the vibrations of the pump being noisy Is this a normal procedure also he has connected this to the toilet so when we flush the toilet the pump activates to fill the cistern am I worrying about nothing just doesn't seem very professional to me ? Thanks

Don`t pay him and charge him for his horse eating your lawn.

I wouldn't connect the pump to the toilet but have seen it many many times. Pumps getting much quicker faulty due the fact that pump is activated each time you flush. Once the fill valve lets by the pump starts running on and off all the time.

However, as rpm has mentioned do not pay him.

And sometimes I worry if my work is good enough. Seriously: a cardboard box? If he'd mounted it but left the the box around it as sound attenuation I might call it alternative technology, but, as it is...

Many thanks for the replies
What is annoying about this is he was recommended by a friend as an excellent bathroom fitter and it seems like he has used speedfit fittings everywhere I thought speedfit was for the amateur plumber no offence intended if its not. He wasn't cheap either !
Can the pump being connected to the toilet cause any damage to either I realise it may wear the pump out quicker and why would he do this I am not sure why he even did this as it obviously doesn't sound like the norm is he cutting corners in some way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Needed Please Re Shower Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock