Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed - Oil v LPG in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about this 'clean fuel' thing peddled by the gas retailers. I've had two houses with oil boilers and they run just as cleanly as gas when set correctly. Also with an oil boiler you can service it yourself, which like gas, is a very simple process that does not need a degree in rocket science and therforesave yourself a bundle of cash annually.

Comparing fuel costs in terms of Kilowatt hours. Electricity is 100% efficient at the point of use, I suspect solid fuel boilers are anything but? The other major drawback with a solid fuel boiler is the inconvenience and lack of flexibility. They could be great in a care home with a caretaker on duty to look after it and dispose of the ash etc etc but in a typical home with adults that work and a house that is uninhabited for large chunks of time then it's going to be wasteful. The furniture won't thank you for being warm.

Julian

Oil should be regulated like gas but won't be. You probably can service an oil boiler, wether you do it right is another thing.

Gassification is the way forward.

Oil should be regulated like gas but won't be. You probably can service an oil boiler, wether you do it right is another thing.

Guy's learnt his lesson the hard way Howsie. I booted him yesterday for his cretinous attitude.

It will move like gas if more people attempt to service their own oil boilers without the right gear and end up killing themselves.

Unfortunately people need to die to save lives in the long run.

It will move like gas if more people attempt to service their own oil boilers without the right gear and end up killing themselves.

Unfortunately people need to die to save lives in the long run.

Mmmm I agree, but this discussion is for a whole other thread really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed - Oil v LPG in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock