Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Kitchen Connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm trying to install a undersink water filter system.
I've removed the cold kitchen tap connector hose and replaced it with a FEMALE TEE 15MM X 15MM X ½ but the depth of the female branch is deeper than the male so it's reaching the end before tightening properly. I've tried it with 2 rounds PTFE tape but it's causing a slow leak.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gnGeAYVrteBeDtUG8

I have a feeling the male and female connectors are different standards.

Can anyone confirm and suggest what I can do? Use more tspe?

I can't seem to find a female tee all with 15mm.

IMG_20180908_122608.jpg

Hi
You shouts every been supplied with a rubber washer to fit inside. No ptfe required.
If it’s the brass connection on to the isolation valve, you will need 12-15 turns of ptfe.

Thanks.

I've added more tape and leak has stopped but i dont know it'll last and want to do it properly.

JC. you're saying that the previous plumber used (A in the photo) to convert compression to something suitable for the flexi tap connector?

Would I then be better off, removing (A) from the isolation valve and screwing the branch straight onto the isolation valve? on top of that, use the tap tail adaptor at the ends of the Tee to properly connect the flexi and microbore?

thanks again all.

IMG_20180911_101223.jpg

Your female tee connector should've come with an olive and nut for both ends. Replace the plastic fitting with the above tap tale and tighten onto tee with an olive and nut then the plastic 1/4" fitting can screw onto that.

Reply to Help! Kitchen Connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
I've got a leak at the connector next to the p trap under my bath at point 1. on my attached photo. I unscrewed it and pipe A hardly goes into pipe B - it's almost flush with the start of B. Assume the rubber seal (can't spell) has failed - there's not much chance of water passing through...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow cylinder 25mm mains pipe work with 22mm onwards. I put the softener before the prv which was pre installed with the unvented cylinder as the rep said...
Replies
Views
I’m replacing my kitchen tap. All seemed straightforward but old tap had female connector 15mm flexi taptail and new one seems to be 22mm. Tried B&Q and Screwfix but they only have male connecting hoses. Any advice?
Replies
Views
I recently installed a C&L Bilbrough tap from B&Q in a new kitchen. Its the one with a a spout with a switch on it as well as a spray head with switch in additon to the hot/cold mixer/volume control. I have found that if both the spout and spray head are closed off and the mixer valve open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock