Search the forum,

Discuss !!! Help !!! - Installing Wickes Low Profile Shower Tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lozoid

Hey All,

I'm currently doing a DIY bathroom refit. Can anyone help with this one.

Bought a shower tray from ebay. Its a brand new Wickes 27mm ultra low profile 900x900 quad (plastic type not stone), B&Q do an identical model described as Cascata 900x900 ultra low tray. Need a low tray due to ceiling height in small bathroom.

Thought I'd got a bargin until I realised the hole for the waste/trap seems to be non standard. Its around 170mm diameter with a further lipped section around 200mm diameter. Anyway both Wickes and B&Q can't or won't supply the correct waste as a seperate item, neither will the distributors of the trays. I've found that a wet room style trapped gullie will fit the hole correctly but these seem to be designed for tiled/sheet floors rather than trays. McAlpine do a vast range of these but unsure of exactly what to go for, also can't work out how to seal between the tray and the flange on the gullie.

So before I scrap the tray and buy another can anyone offer any advice. Has anyone installed one of these ultra low profile trays with this type of waste/tray?

Thanks in advance

Loz

Last edited by a moderator:
some times when we try to get thing cheap cheap cheap cheap this is the outcome ! I am sorry to hear your experience with this but you have no other way but try your local plumbing shop who can possibly help you out !

I'm not suggesting you do this, but I know someone in the same situation and they bought another tray from bnq and when it was carefully unpacked the waste fell out so they took it back for a refund 'cos parts missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to !!! Help !!! - Installing Wickes Low Profile Shower Tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock