Search the forum,

Discuss Help! indirect cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

geoman1

HI, just wondering if someone could explain to me in a simple way if possible how an indirect cylinder heats the water up separately for the radiators and hot water that we have coming form our taps.

Cheers

Indirect is a bit like a big kettle except inside it has a coil instead of an electric element.

In the coil is the same water as in the rads, circulating water passes through a boiler to collect heat and then looses it either from rads into rooms (air), Or the coil into surrounding water, (domestic), is that what you need to know?

Very basically, you have a coil shaped radiator immersed at the bottom of the cylinder. The walls of this coil radiator get hot just like a radiator does on your wall and this heat transfers to the water stored inside the tank.

Under normal circumstances the water from your heating system does not mix or come into contact with the stored hot water that comes out of your tap.

upload_2017-4-13_8-52-52.png
Hope this is useful to see what happens for you.

Hello have you solved your issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! indirect cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect heating system (have attached some photos). I was wondering if the isolation valve that would shut off the water to the hot water taps is as circled in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed soon. Only need around 120/125 ltr for our usage and could possibly make do with 100. Been looking at a few different brands including the Megaflo which...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up twice a day for about 2 hours. When the tanks start to heat, one of them makes a loud vibrating noise, sometimes for about 15-20 mins, sometimes for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi - I have a plumber booked in to look at this, but I would also like to understand myself what is causing the issue we have. We have a slow drip of water coming from behind the anticorrosion unit on our Ariston unvented water cylinder. The pink "nozzle" behind the Protech unit appears to be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We're looking to update our existing central heating setup and wanted to get a few more opinions. We currently have an open vented conventional boiler with cold water expansion tank in attic and indirect vented hot water cylinder. Initially we thought we would just swap to a combi...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock