Search the forum,

Discuss Help identifying parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has moved into a house and we are trying to get to grips with the heating system. Can anyone please tell us what the thing in the attached phots is and what it does.

Many thanks.

8C570450-866E-4CA1-AB46-20CA7CEAED37.jpeg

6050047E-B136-4EF8-8DEF-E9F8F6259AE5.jpeg

Air separator

Top left (15mm) is your fill to the heating system)

Top right (22mm) is your safety vent

Bottom left (22mm) heating flow/ hot water flow

Bottom right (22mm) boiler flow

Looks like an air separator also called by its trade name airject they are prone to scale up ....some experienced heating engineer will be along shortly to correct me and tell you more about it....regards Turnpin

Looks like an air separator also called by its trade name airject they are prone to scale up ..some experienced heating engineer will be along shortly to correct me and tell you more about it....regards Turnpin

It's a turd, that causes lots of problems. Definitely cut more out than installed.

I fitted LOADS of Aerjecs. They did not generally scale up, but sludge or fungal goo collected at the cold feed.
I never recall any call backs to any of mine. But EVERY system (actually few systems complete, but many changeovers) I fitted was cleaned thoroughly, including the header tank.

Actually, and pedantically, that is not an Aerjec, it is of the Tower design, but there are many clones.

Aerjec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help identifying parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me identify which tap/connection it is to top up the system as the level has dropped quite a way below the red marker for the cold fill pressure on the gauge? Boiler was installed approx. 2014. I've looked in the manual & online but can't find anything. Many thanks
Replies
Views
my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
Hello, Have had a leak on my UFH manifold. Originally incorrectly diagnosed as being the nuts/washer to the pump, it now looks like it's coming from this thermostatic valve. Have tried googling "ufh thermostatic valve" and none of them look like this or have connectors like this (guessing part...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock