Search the forum,

Discuss HELP: how to remove toilet cistern lid (single push button) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I cannot figure out how to remove the cistern lid on my toilet (single push button style).
(am trying to diagnose a separate issue: the water keep slowly leaking from the tank into the toilet).

The toilet is by a brand called "Koło".

I have attached 3 pictures to help explain the issue (well 1 is just to show the brand name).

I have seen videos etc. online showing how to unscrew the cistern lids via a hidden screw inside the push button, but my design seems quite different. I cannot see any screw, only a black rubber thing in the middle (which I've tried to pry upwards - no luck), surrounded by a white plastic thing.

Any help is appreciated, I'd rather avoid calling out a plumber and paying the fee.

Thank you :) IMG_20160705_115600.jpgIMG_20160705_115616.jpgIMG_20160705_115625.jpg

have you tried rotating the whole (whats left) of the chrome ring ? (anti clockwise)

Wow fast reply thanks. and i thought i had tried that, but whaddaya know, tried again, it unscrewed, and then i could lift the lid off. Now onto the next problem, would you know how to pin point the issue that's causing it to slowly trickle constant water from the cistern into the bowl? IMG_20160705_220428.jpg

TBH I think most guys here would advise you to replace everything in the cistern with Fluidmaster items whilst your at it.

It is overflowing as the inlet valve (on right is letting by) needs new diaphragm or replacing.

Isolate supply before attempting.

My guess is as above. Washer (big black one on the bottom of the middle bit that goes up and down when flushed) is perished. They can sometimes be cleaned but may be worth just changing it
, be sure to get a new donut kit too.

It is overflowing as the inlet valve (on right is letting by) needs new diaphragm or replacing.

Isolate supply before attempting.
not necessarily, it could be both! or one or the other...
best flushing it of water, hold up the float so it closes for 5 mins see if it passes, if it does then rip it out and put a decent one in. if not, then turn off water after its filled, leave for a couple of mins then place toilet tissue to back of pan and watch it to see if its passing then change dump valve/or washer.

Hi all, thanks for all the replies/suggestions. Just following up on this again, I got busy for a while there and still haven't fixed the problem.

Today was trying to diagnose what's causing the leakage of water into bowl, and I noticed the cistern water level is basically flush i.e. level with the top of the overflow tube. The leaking is only intermittent/quite slow, so I guess logically that the leakage is likely caused by that, when the water level just manages to creep over the level of the overflow.

However I'm not sure how to fix this on my particular style of toilet.
Every Youtube video I look up looks different to my model.

1.jpg
On this picture I am pointing out a etched line in the side of the tank, is this perhaps indicating what the water level SHOULD be?

2.jpg
In this picture, hopefully you can clearly see the small blue (looks dark basically) plastic part down low, underwater. Is this somehow adjustable so that I can make the overflow tube slightly higher? Then there is the other small blue part, which holds onto the white screw thing? Same question - is this somehow adjustable?

Thanks in advance guys

Yep etched line is where water level should be (can be slightly lower), in the same picture there looks to be the adjuster in the far right hand top corner but somehow the picture is "ghosted" so I can`t be certain, adjusters normally have a threaded screw so look for that.

Thank you, yes you're right the screw thing in the corner does look 'ghosted' but in fact its not, it's just a semi opaque plastic/camera lighting. So, yes that screw does seem to adjust something - when i turn clock-wise, it brings the (excuse lack of technical terms) square white plastic outer part in line closer with the inner black part, i.e. moves it UP, whilst turning the screw anti-clockwise obviously moves them further apart i.e. moves it DOWN - SO, which direction would lower the water level allowed to come in on a refill post-flush?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP: how to remove toilet cistern lid (single push button) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock