Search the forum,

Discuss Help! How do I turn off hot water heated by Aga? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJC

The hot water in our house is heated by the Aga. We've got several pinhole leaks appear in a hot water pipe but don't know how to turn off the hot water.

Please help!

Thanks.

You most likely have a cold water storage tank probably in the loft that has a pipe leaving it that feeds water to near bottom of your copper cylinder.
There should be a valve on that pipe from base of cold tank, or sometimes could have the valve in airing cupboard.
I suggest you run a lot of hot water off first, have a couple baths etc, to prevent the Aga boiling the water up, or have the Aga turned off

I would say you have a cold Water Storage tank in loft area, there may be 2 outlets, you need to find which one feeds the aga - it may have a gate valve on which you can turn off - or you may have to plug the outlet of the tank. I would run some hot water off first and turn the aga off for a while until you have completed the work

Aga could have been on an indirect system, so not linked to the hot water, except through an indirect coil, same as normal heating system boilers. Preferable that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! How do I turn off hot water heated by Aga? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock