Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Help getting into plumbing in the Plumbers Looking for Work - Post Here area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. michaelbright1

michaelbright1 New Member

Hi guys wondering if i can get some help with getting me up to speed with my options. Back in 2009 i achieved level 2 6129 in basic plumbing but since then i have discovered that certificate no longer exists. i had to care for my dad since then so couldn't further my plumbing but now want to get back into plumbing and follow that profession. What are my options ? i have no experience off plumbing on site and have a certificate that is obsolete. Does the 6129 carry any weight still? any feed back much appreciated

2. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

I don't know about your Qualification.

How old are you?
    I think the best start is as an apprentice.
    Personally I would stay away from 'Quick fix' plumbing courses that promise the earth !

When you did the level 2, were you employed as a plumber or by a plumber at the time or was it not NVQ

3. Masood

Masood Guest

6129 was the old Tech Cert which could lead onto the NVQ. Replaced by the 6035 and 6189 qualifications. Your old certificate isn't worth much in its own right but the skills should provide a foundation for a trainee job.. Good luck!

4. michaelbright1

Thank you for replying , I'm 26 and the level 2 was theory based with a bit of practical at a training centre. The certificate is City and Guilds. After the basics were learnt it was then left for me to find an employer and pay / fund for my on site assessment to be fully level 2 NVQ.

5. michaelbright1

6. Masood

Masood Guest

Sounds like Able Skills...

7. Wargas

Wargas New Member

Is Able Skills bad ?
    I was wondering to try them up , I have a mate who finish C&G in Plumbing 6035-2 there and He is doing ok .

What would you recommend Masood I am 38 years old .

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017