Search the forum,

Discuss help gas cooker connection issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI is this self sealing end. Thanks

IMG_4872.PNG

Good evening Keeley. One is and one is not. You will need a gas engineer to fit the new hose. Hope this helps.

Good evening Keeley. One is and one is not. You will need a gas engineer to fit the new hose. Hope this helps.

neither are

also requires a gas safe engy as above

IS the end with

The elbow connection is what has been disconnected just wanted to know if it's self sealing until new cooker is installed by engineers.
Do you mean the bit attached to the gas pipe in the kitchen and not the hose?

Do you mean the bit attached to the gas pipe in the kitchen and not the hose?
T

The hose I have posted it was is attched to my cooker, it just pulled and twisted out of the wall. Tomorrow I have a gas safe person coming to install a new cooker however I wanted to make sure that's it's a self sealing pipe so it's no time leaking gas until the man turns up in morning. The end with the elbow was what was attached to the wall. Is this end self sealing

T

The hose I have posted it was is attched to my cooker, it just pulled and twisted out of the wall. Tomorrow I have a gas safe person coming to install a new cooker however I wanted to make sure that's it's a self sealing pipe so it's no time leaking gas until the man turns up in morning. The end with the elbow was what was attached to the wall. Is this end self sealing
Only when the hose and the fitting attached to the gas pipe are together can you take a pic of the hose now and the pipe it attaches to?

You really should of left it for your gas safe engy to disconnect it

It should be ok but I've had a few that have leaked can you re connect it back up to the cooker ?

You really should of left it for your gas safe engy to disconnect it

It should be ok but I've had a few that have leaked can you re connect it back up to the cooker ?
Thatā€™s is what I am thinking mate. But wanted to see as much as I could first.

No tape won't do anything best turn your gas off for tonight

The hose is attched to the cooker. The wall attachment is very close to wall to take picture. The cooker has been skipped as was broke.

The hose is attched to the cooker. The wall attachment is very close to wall to take picture. The cooker has been skipped as was broke.

If I put gorilla tape over end until morning would this help.
If I put gorilla tape over end until morning would this help.[/QUOTE]
As I cannot see what you have I cannot really comment any further. As shaun has said previously Most of the time they seal perfectly well but I have had them leak before. The only thing I can suggest if you are not sure is turn this lever off next to your gas meter. But then it will turn the gas off to the whole house

AF007060-D8E5-4C80-AD0D-1A1D7D2FFC21.png

C'mon chaps. Whythe dramatics?

You all know that the cooker hose is designed for ANYONE to disconnect, and even that leaving the valve uncapped permanently is allowed. The act if disconnection is this sense is NOT classed as "gaswork".

That said, it is always possible that any valve can pass, and the outlet shoud be checked with LDF. (in practice no DIYer will have proper LDF and will turn to Fairly Liquid. Obviously a non compliant product, but has been used for decades, even as a heating silencer) Turning of the gas at the meter is not a bad idea, assuming no one dies of freezing overnight.

Assuming the meter valve does not pass. :)

C'mon chaps. Whythe dramatics?

You all know that the cooker hose is designed for ANYONE to disconnect, and even that leaving the valve uncapped permanently is allowed. The act if disconnection is this sense is NOT classed as "gaswork".

That said, it is always possible that any valve can pass, and the outlet shoud be checked with LDF. (in practice no DIYer will have proper LDF and will turn to Fairly Liquid. Obviously a non compliant product, but has been used for decades, even as a heating silencer) Turning of the gas at the meter is not a bad idea, assuming no one dies of freezing overnight.

Assuming the meter valve does not pass. :)
It only takes a minute leak to give a smell, so I would only turn off the gas if smell is noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help gas cooker connection issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock