Search the forum,

Discuss Help, fitting a radiator in the loft. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new to this forum and hopefully somebody can tell me if I can or can't do this. Here it is.
20171119_180640_zpscfzc4qcj.jpg
I want to fit a radiator in the loft and thinking to fit new pipes to the existing pipes which goes to my bathroom radiator. Just want to know is this ok or a bad idea. See photos
20171120_124202_zpsondgv2g1.jpg
Any advice much appreciated.
I cannot access central pipes without lifting up the floor in corridor and that is just too much work, really don't want to do that.
Thank You for reading my post, much appreciated.

DJ

Do you know what system you have ? Combi cylinder etc

What you want to do should work assuming smallest pipe size is 15mm. Things to look out for:
1. If the pipes marked "central heating" in your diagram are 22mm should be no problem. If 15mm, then if they are feeding more than the bathroom and loft radiators might be on / over the limit of heat that 15mm pipework can carry.
2. If you have an open vented central heating system (small tank in loft) the base of that tank must be higher than the top of the loft radiator.

Hi steadyon.
1. Yes, the pipe to bathroom radiator is 15mm, however, I cannot see main pipe (central heating). Im off to work now but tomorrow I will lift up more floorboards to see if I can access and measure the main pipe. Hopefully its 22mm.
2. No, mine is a combi boiler with pressurized system, is it a problem for my project?

Dont know if it's important but forgot to mention. Boiler is on the ground floor, bathroom on the 1st floor and loft 2nd floor.

Last edited:
Combi is not a problem for what you propose. Should all be OK across ground, 1st and 2nd floors.
Great, thank you very much.
After all fitted and tested for a period of time I will come back to give feedback with any issues, hopefully none. :)

DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help, fitting a radiator in the loft. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not...
Replies
Views
My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday because the radiators were not working it has stopped working, if I go into the loft and press the flame button on and off it seems to come back to...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended the pipes (8mm microbore) and plumbed in the new radiator. I opened the isolation valves and filled up the radiator with no issues. I've bled every...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock