Search the forum,

Discuss Help finding replacement thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening gents.

Currently there is this very old mercury thermostat:

http://s13.postimg.org/r5di3a8sn/image.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/5hqxmpg2t/image.jpg

Can somebody please point to ebay/amazon/online shop for cheapest digital, wired, non programmable, two wire(current one has just two wires going back to boiler PCB), low voltage(I assume my current one is) thermostat for direct swap.

Boiler is brand new, gas combi - Mains Eco Elite.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Just get the Honeywell t6360 to replace it, around £15-20

honeywell t6030

wont be that accurate as no neutral eg + or - 5dc

Hmm. With digital I meant one with LCD display for temp setting.

T6030 doesn`t have one:
t4360b1015-800x600-1.jpg

Last edited:
cheaper ones than that around, check screwfix catalogue

I did that yesterday and found one, but its 30v DC. I assume need 30V AC one as my current one is "20 to 30 VAC".

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-24701sx-wired-digital-thermostat/2923g

problem with digital is they require a permanent live and dont work on 2 wire installs, and really should of been upgraded when your boiler was installed

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/drayto...and Plumbing&gclid=CPbwobyEsssCFagy0wodglIEFA

But they are battery powered. What is live for ?

if your going battery your going down the same route as rf nearly

any reason you cant have a rf ?

if your going battery your going down the same route as rf nearly

any reason you cant have a rf ?

Batteries are to power actual thermostat, two wires are for boiler control. I`m no willing to pay premium for RF one, its a rented property.

The drayton in my link will work, it's 2 wire & suitable from 12 to 240 volt! Fitted many of them, get em cheap on eBay sometimes if your on a budget!

Batteries are to power actual thermostat, two wires are for boiler control. I`m no willing to pay premium for RF one, its a rented property.

If you've just got 2 wires and want a cheap digital stat get a salus RT300 then.

Its still battery powered though, with mains or low volt switching.

why does it need to be digi if for rented property?

For more precise temperature control.
Backlit display - can be read in dark, don`t need to turn on light.

For more precise temperature control.
Backlit display - can be read in dark, don`t need to turn on light.

that rules the Digistat+ as its not backlit and you will find most battery ones arnt

tbh you cant go wrong with a mechanical one

fair enough and good luck

i would be surprised if the room stat is connected to the boiler tbh

Maybe fitted the boiler himself as well !!

No, oil boiler was replaced with new one two weeks ago by plumber. Took him 7h to replace a boiler, flue and do system flush. Amount of black :nono: came out from flush - woow!

I don`t fix my own teeth - but simple job like replacing thermostat - why not!

Shame my thread about boiler was locked by mods, I have bought a boiler, its been fitted, would love to share some photos :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help finding replacement thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've had a couple of these battery powered thermostats fail and currently looking at finding replacements but I'm fairly sure they are now superseded? Can anybody advise on other programmable battery powered units that could be used instead? I'm assuming the others may well start to fail in the...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
F
Boiler is a Worcester Boch Highflow 440 with a TR2 room thermostat. This is an old style bimetal stat and I want to replace it with a digital one, e.g. Honeywell DT90E1012 two wire. Is this going to be possible? I'm assuming that the current three wires are Live, Live Signal and Neutral and...
Replies
Views
Frank Noton
F
M
Hi all, I want to replace my current thermostat with the Nest Thermostat, but wire labels don't match. My boiler is Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior combi boiler, which is on the back of the wall where the thermostat is. Photos here Another Nest Themorstat (3rd gen) question -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer has a Honeywell Home ST9500C two-zone programmer. One of these: Honeywell ST9500C 7 Day Two Zone Programmer | Programmers & Time Switches -...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock