Search the forum,

Discuss Help - Best heating control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Swapping a boiler and moving it today and tomorrow and after some advice on the best controls to fit.

Here's the constraints:-

Existing room thermostat in the downstairs hallway will have to be replaced with a wireless one

It's a Y-plan system and I need to fit a new two channel programmer and was going to do this in the airing cupboard by the existing wiring centre. Current programmer is in the toilet downstairs and obviously it can't stay there!

Only other option I can think of is a wireless 2 channel programmable room thermostat if one exists - i.e. Allows control of HW times, CH times and also CH shut off temperature. This way I'd fit that where the existing room thermostat is and just put a receiver box in the airing cupboard. Is there a product on the market that does this?? Ideally a decent control like Drayton/Danfoss/Honeywell!

Cheers for all help in advance!

drayton migenie

or honeywell evo home if you want a wireless option

Ideal Vogue system

Cheers all. Opted for separates in the end, wireless room thermostat and simple 2 channel programmer, Drayton all round.

drayton migenie

or honeywell evo home if you want a wireless option
Are the Drayton ones any good? Had a presentation from them at installer last month and they seem OK. Want to try something different as I want to move from Honeywell.

Only progs I use love the lifestyles

To be honest if I have to replace an LP I always put an LP back in. But never used the new genie

To be honest if I have to replace an LP I always put an LP back in. But never used the new genie

Only use them as there easy to use and have wireless room stat

If there's a wire already

Drayton life and Honeywell 6063

I used to use the Honeywell cm series all the time. But I have been called to loads recently with no displays.:mad:

Are the Drayton ones any good? Had a presentation from them at installer last month and they seem OK. Want to try something different as I want to move from Honeywell.

Never had a callback for one failing and we fit loads of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help - Best heating control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock