Search the forum,

Discuss Help!! Another New Boiler Question to replace an old Vokera Syntesi 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gseaman

Hi All,

I know there are many posts on here asking for advice on 'which new boiler should I get', so hoping you can put up with the tedious subject one more time and help me out

Needing to replace an old Vokera Syntesi 25e so I've had a couple of local companies round to give me a quote, and also looked at some of the companies online such as BOXT. I've tried to do a little research but overwhelmed with what's out there.

One quote I'm very interested in is for an ATAG IC 28 with the One Controller, which with the efficiency and 10yr guarantee (lifetime on heat exchanger) all sounds like a great piece of kit, however you obviously pay a premium for it.

At the opposite end of the spectrum I've had a quote through BOXT for a Worcester Greenstar 30i which also includes a 10yr guarantee and a Honeywell smart thermostat. On the face of this boiler looks adequate but does have mixed reviews. The quote also includes the system flush, Filters etc, so looks a very good price

Where I'm struggling is the price difference, £700 between the two including fitting and all 'extras'. Is there ATAG worth it? or should I save my money and go for the Greenstar?

there shouldnt be that much between them as there price installer wise the same

any addition kit?

will need a system flush what ever you choose

Have they both been to survey and quote?
Not an online 'from' price?

ATAG quote has been out to survey
The Worcester Greenstar quote is an online quote, however I have spoken to the company on the phone about re-positioning the flue exit slightly (which needs to be done as it's less than 300mm from the floor) and they have confirmed this would be included within the price, including filling of previous hole

Both prices include Flue Kit, Smart Thermostat, Power Flush, Filters, Chemicals etc

I would go with a good local installer

Atag are good, have a look at the trust pilot reviews

Thanks Scott, I certainly would prefer to deal with someone who I've met face to face and trust to do a good job

Where is the boiler installed?. The Atag IC range is basically an Ariston as they bought out Atag. If you can fit it in the A325ECX is the better boiler as it has water recuperation built in at no extra cost.

Where is the boiler installed?. The Atag IC range is basically an Ariston as they bought out Atag. If you can fit it in the A325ECX is the better boiler as it has water recuperation built in at no extra cost.

Commercial boiler so you require the com qual

The A325ecx is not a commercial boiler. It is a domestic combi boiler sold by Atag commercial.
The domestic division of Atag is owned by Ariston and developed the IC range. They kept the original range under the commercial badge.

The A325ecx is not a commercial boiler. It is a domestic combi boiler sold by Atag commercial.
The domestic division of Atag is owned by Ariston and developed the IC range. They kept the original range under the commercial badge.

Deeming it commercial as its under there commercial boiler section

Anything listed as commercial needs a comment engy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help!! Another New Boiler Question to replace an old Vokera Syntesi 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
I have a 3 port valve Y plan system, with a hot water tank in airing cupboard and a cold water feeder tank in loft. I want to replace the old 25+ year old boiler. Should I just replace with a like for like condensing boiler or a combi. I understand to fit a combi involves a lot more work (more...
Replies
Views
So I've got a Glow Worm back boiler fronted by a gas fire, at least 15 years old probably a lot more. The water heating makes a row as there is a partial blockage in one of the pipes - this I believe to be resolvable with a power flush and pump replacement. The front fire is spilling fumes and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Last night i discovered my Worcester 35CDi II was leaking, I had a new expansion vessel fitted in may as the old one had failed along with a new PRV. I think it is probably about time to replace the boiler given it was installed when the house was built in 2002 so is approaching 20...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock