Discuss Help! 1976 Trianco Redfyre - should I be concerned? Calling out to the professionals! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lindamcgee71

Hi, we're looking at buying a 1976 house with original boiler.

They say it's nevr broken down and last service cost £49 and resulted in a nozzle replaced at £16

Would appeciated any advice from the experts. Should we be worried and looking at a replacement.

If so, what cost could we expect?

We are looking in Northampon.

Many, many thanks, Linda

Re: Help! 1976 Trianco Redfyre - should I be concerned? Calling out to the profession

If it ain't broke don't fix it :)

At 41 years old then it's time and wise to start and make provision for a new boiler. As for costs how long's a piece of string. Is the current system a 1 pipe or 2 pipe? What condition is the oil tank in? What options for flueing new boiler? How big is the house and what construction? Controls will need upgrading.

Def needs somebody to get eyes on and give an estimate.

Take it you want a figure to haggle on house price?

Re: Help! 1976 Trianco Redfyre - should I be concerned? Calling out to the profession

That has done well! 41 years is more than could have been expected.
As Simon said, so many other things to consider. The price of a new boiler is often a very small part of the total costs to replace. Bunded oil tanks are not cheap, lengthy balanced flues can cost a few hundred. You need a modern system with full thermostatic controls and definitely a new condensing oil boiler very soon

Last edited:

just save up for the next ten years ready for when it needs doing!
when thats saved, then save for another 10 to replace the new one again !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! 1976 Trianco Redfyre - should I be concerned? Calling out to the professionals! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back