Search the forum,

Discuss Hello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Psl

Hi I am Phil Smith-Lawrence and I would just like to introduce myself and my company. We provide a turnkey solution for the sale and installation of commercial biomass boilers. We also provide a full project management service including the claiming of the RHI on behalf of the client.
We can supply boilers from 11kW to 1000kW.
Most of our boilers are built into 2 x 20ft or one 40ft container known as Econ Centres and are fully automated including fuel supply monitoring.

I am sure you all know about the RHi but here are some basic figures;
A 190kW install costs circa £99k and the RHI payments over 20 years are £500k +.So a good investment for care/nursing homes, golf clubs and hotels.BTW, we pay a healthy commission for introductions.

Thanks.

Welcome along :)

On the smaller side, whats the numbers (£££) on your 11kw boiler.

Welcome along :)

On the smaller side, whats the numbers (£££) on your 11kw boiler.

Hello Simon G,

The 11kW has been discontinued and is now replaced by a 14kW. A 14kw pellet boiler with, pump, ESBE valve, safety module, 500 litre
accumulator with temp gauges and 50 litre expansion vessel comes in at
£6680 + VAT

I hope that helps.
Thanks.

What is the annual rhi payments on the 14kw boiler

Not a straight forward exercise given that i have very little detail but here are some figures based on assumptions;

At 3,500 hours a 14kw boiler is going to produce 49,000kWh running at full
power

This equates to £2170 in RHI. This is because most of the payment is in the
tier 2 tariff of 2.1p

I would never suggest to run a smaller domestic boiler for this amount of
hours in a year. They are much more delicate than the larger systems.

If the requirement is 49,000 kWh then I would suggest a boiler of 30kW
output. Approx 1633 hours of use. This would generate £3473 in RHI
payments. This is because much more of the operation hours is in the Tier 1
payment of 8.3p.

Hope that helps.

Really? I'm pretty sure it was put back to 2013 (summer I think) but happy to be proven wrong!

Just a confirmation of the tariff would be a god send, quite hard selling a product without any solid information, payback period etc.

I think all of DECC's concentration is on the green deal at the moment hence RHI being on the back burner.

Not a straight forward exercise given that i have very little detail but here are some figures based on assumptions;

At 3,500 hours a 14kw boiler is going to produce 49,000kWh running at full
power

This equates to £2170 in RHI. This is because most of the payment is in the
tier 2 tariff of 2.1p

I would never suggest to run a smaller domestic boiler for this amount of
hours in a year. They are much more delicate than the larger systems.

If the requirement is 49,000 kWh then I would suggest a boiler of 30kW
output. Approx 1633 hours of use. This would generate £3473 in RHI
payments. This is because much more of the operation hours is in the Tier 1
payment of 8.3p.

Hope that helps.

All interesting info. Whats the cost of the 30kw set up? Thanks.

All interesting info. Whats the cost of the 30kw set up? Thanks.

It depends on where the boiler will be installed as that will add to the overall figure.If you have any further information then I will be able to give you more definitive costings.

Really? I'm pretty sure it was put back to 2013 (summer I think) but happy to be proven wrong!

Just a confirmation of the tariff would be a god send, quite hard selling a product without any solid information, payback period etc.

I think all of DECC's concentration is on the green deal at the moment hence RHI being on the back burner.

As with any Gov incentive there will always be uncertainty.
I agree though that more clarity is needed and soon.

It depends on where the boiler will be installed as that will add to the overall figure.If you have any further information then I will be able to give you more definitive costings.

Thanks.

I have a village hall that I look after the oil boiler, big floor mounted cast iron beast. Did some work a couple of years to zone various sections off to save money. They have a couple of conference rooms they let out.

They've been in touch recently about getting rid of the oil and moving to gas (mains), it runs in the road outside. I was just wondering if Biomass may be an alternative?

Thanks.

I have a village hall that I look after the oil boiler, big floor mounted cast iron beast. Did some work a couple of years to zone various sections off to save money. They have a couple of conference rooms they let out.

They've been in touch recently about getting rid of the oil and moving to gas (mains), it runs in the road outside. I was just wondering if Biomass may be an alternative?

Biomass would certainly be an alternative and it could be housed in a container, classed as a temporary structure, so probably no planning permission needed, but they should check this point. The containerised option would house the boiler and the fuel store and they can be poweder coated in any colour or be surrounded by a fence to blend in with the surrounding environment. The plus points are that the RHi will give an ROI where a gas boiler wouldn't, a reduction in ongoing fuel costs, generation of carbon credits and a vast improvement on the village halls green credentials. I will get you costings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock