Search the forum,

Discuss Hellllllp damsel in distress. Worcester Combi Boiler problems! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luther999

Hi, please save me from the lack of retail therapy due to what is becoming an expensive boiler!

I have a 12 year old oil fired Worcester Heatslave 12/14 which has been temperamental for a while now, kept losing pressure then found leak inside so I had the expansion tank changed and a valve at the top of the boiler changed ( can't remember name) as water was leaking from it and then also the pressure release valve was changed which sorted the pressure loss issues. However.......the water works fine if I leave it on All the time but if I switch it off I then have trouble firing the boiler so if I put ch on and hw, boiler doesn't fire unless I turn water off, once it's fired I can turn water back on and all works ok but can't use on timer as nothing fires.....oh please help as I'm bored with googling now! Maybe the diverted valve or thermostats??

thanking y'all muchly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
if your using a decent technician, it should be sorted by now, regular servicing helps to keep these going properly. If your not using an oftec registered technician and you have been tossing money at it, its time to use someone who knows their job. could be the programmer but unless you get it looked at youll never find out.

Hi, yes I've used 2 different oftec technicians in the past 2 months and the boiler has been serviced every year :-(. Just at the point of despair as to whether it's worth spending on it anymore or whether I need to bite the bullet and replace it

As lame said a decent technician will have that fixed pronto! Could be valve, timer etc. Almost impossible to say without being stood in front of it!

Does it have the big grey timer built into the boiler or has it been wired to an external timer?

Hi, do you mean the actual control panel on the faceplate of the boiler itself? That's where I set the timer etc

Yes the boiler has control panel on the front but my main problem is if I turn hw and ch off then go to put hw on I cant do so without putting both to on then turning off the hw, boiler then fires and ch is fine so put hw to on and turn ch off and then hw works so although working its a pain and clearly needs fixing but 2 technicians and no result. If I turn green thermostats on front of boiler the hw one has no click....does this indicate anything?

Whereabouts are you, maybe somebody on here local who can sort it for you.

Ludlow in Shropshire. I think I'll get the guy back to replace diverter valve as all my googling directs to that

Why have you had 2 engineers in 2 months?

It can be sussed out pretty easy standing in front of the boiler. It's an expensive way to repair stuff by chucking parts at it till it works.

Why have you had 2 engineers in 2 months?

It can be sussed out pretty easy standing in front of the boiler. It's an expensive way to repair stuff by chucking parts at it till it works.
Hiya, I've used 2 engineers as first one fixed obvious leak from a valve and few days later the boiler was extremely hot and dropping pressure and I couldn't get hold of the engineer so phoned a different one who said the diverter valve was stuck and he managed to free it up and boiler not been unusually hot since and he located a leak in prv so replaced that and expansion tank and that sorted that issue

Do you hear Clicks on the programmer/timer when turning hw or ch channels on/off? had a Honeywell programmer do this/similar the other day

With the hw it clicks after a quarter turn but the ch only clicks if I turn it as far as it will go. I've looked inside boiler and there's the metal Honeywell casing which has a small metal lever on, shouldn't this move from left to right on hw/ch demand? It moves if I do it manually but still doesn't trigger ch if hw on

In fact the ch dial clicks intermittently. Sometimes when turned right round and sometimes on quarter turn.......and sometimes not at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hellllllp damsel in distress. Worcester Combi Boiler problems! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock