Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Height restriction clause on PL insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masood

Masood Guest

I've just found out that my PL insurance has a clause preventing me working in buildings that are above 15m high. Originally I had read that as not covering me for working above 15m. No problem, I thought - when am I ever likely to be 15m above the ground in any building. But no, it's not that I can't be 15m off the floor, but that the building itself can't be more than 15m high. So even on the ground floor of a tower block, I wouldn't be covered. The underwriter is AEGON, so if anyone else has a policy from them, I'd suggest reading the small print...

What a farce! :veryangry2:

2. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

Is it 15mtr to the ridge?

If so 3 storey with basement could easily be that height from the foundations.

3. Masood

Masood Guest

Doesn't say, so I guess, yeah, 15m from ground to top of building. Some of the townhouses in North London are easily that high even without taking basement flats into account. A lot of my work comes from those... :(

4. zzzjim

zzzjim Well-Known Member

Sky installers , stopped doing dishes on rooves a while back

H & S ( non-swearword ? )

5. plumb

plumb Guest

Can you quote the clause exactly?

6. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

most of the cheap policies have clauses like this alon with other get out of paying clauses. the worst one is their excesses, one i was quoted want over £3500 excess for plumbing work!!!!!!!!!! also beware of changing any policy details after starting the policy all sorts of changes can occur then.

7. Masood

Masood Guest

Sorry, no. I was given that information whilst getting the quote over the phone. I queried it, and the broker went back and double-checked, same answer! I didn't buy the policy so I don't have the clause in writing.

8. plumb

plumb Guest

Would be interesting to see the exact clause if anybody has a similar clause in a contract. The wording of these contracts can be so complicated and unclear that you almost wonder if they're trying to catch you out!

9. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

so naive:)

• Like Like x 2