Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave 26/32 Sticking diverter valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AIJ

My boiler stops sending hot water to the taps and CH when hot, even with cold rads and the hot tap open. The pump gets very hot and there is a loud clicking noise from that area. There is also water drip from a serrated bolt in what looks like a pressure release valve (pmax 4bar) just above the pump when this happens. My plumber says I have a sticking spring above the diverter valve (replaced once). I have seven rads controlled by thermostatic valves and one towel rail left permanently open (no room thermostat), and wonder if there is a by pass problem. Also the pressure cannot be pumped up when this problem occurs. My plumber has been called in several times this year but the problem persists. Is it time to replace the boiler (10 yrs old) or is there a cheaper solution?

Sounds more like pump has seized, to be getting no hot water or heating..... As previously said.... Get a better plumber.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatslave 26/32 Sticking diverter valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For example today, whilst the boiler was on heating the water, the room stat triggered the boiler to supply the rads. The diverter valve installed in the...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
When I put the central heating on the hot water gets drawn through the pump but is then being diverted straight back to the boiler instead of the rads What is this, and how likely is it that it is faulty? That sits in between the hot water to the rads and hot water to the hot water tank...
Replies
Views
D
Worcester Heatslave 12/14 Had a plumber out for a suspected diverter valve problem. He changed the top part and left. Next day he said the brass part might me a bit sticky, so he changed that. Now I have heating and hot water. Unfortunately the hot water comes out scalding for a short while...
Replies
Views
Desperate from Wales
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock