Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave 20 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicno1

Gas Engineer
Just been called out to a heatslave 20 25 old but in good knick.
Call was for the heating coming on when it is off on the prorammer.
Typically it wont do it while i was there!!!!
Any ideas????

Thanks

Depending on what type of diverter valve fitted. It maybe letting by.

My thoughts also. Could be a jammed microswitch in the diverter valve head.

Sounds like diverter valve cartridge or head faulty, take head off and see if cartridge pin moves up and down ok. Usually stick on dirty system. Easy to change.

Thanks guys
It doesn't do it all the time it's intermittent.
It's the grey Honeywell plastic valve.

Service the valve. Take off the head, remove the circlip and spring and unscrew the middle bit from the body (careful the circlip doesnt go flying off in the process). You will find a plastic plunger with O rings on it. CLean and grease this with heavy duty graphite grease. Put it all back together and away you go. You can buy service kits for these valves too with all the o rings and grease etc in them. I think theres a youtube video somewhere showing you how to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatslave 20 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys and girls, the fan on my Heatslave 20/25 doesn't start, I've had look and cleaned fuel filters etc and everything that should be clean is clean, fan blades have been cleaned and it moves freely by hand. When I try the boiler I can only hear the ignition clicks. I'm thinking I will need...
Replies
Views
S
Heatslave 18/25 not firing. No heating or hot water but no lockout light and diverter switch is locked in place. Hot water was scalding hot earlier despite being set at a middling temp on the boiler and now there’s no CH or hot water. Makes a whirring noise but nothing fires up when we call for...
Replies
Views
D
Worcester Heatslave 12/14 Had a plumber out for a suspected diverter valve problem. He changed the top part and left. Next day he said the brass part might me a bit sticky, so he changed that. Now I have heating and hot water. Unfortunately the hot water comes out scalding for a short while...
Replies
Views
Desperate from Wales
D
K
Hi, I have just had me diverter valve and cartridge replaced so solve my original issue of have both heating and hot water on at the same time without the option to turn off. But now I can’t turn my heating on. It’s on, on the boilers thermostat but doesn’t heat. I’ve disconnected all other...
Replies
Views
Kyle Magee
K
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Worcester Oil Heatlslave 20/25 that has started making a fairly loud knocking noise and the the pressure gauge flicks a little when the noise thumps. The hot water still works, I've turned off the heating for the time being. Any ideas on what the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock