Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave 20/25 not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My home boiler is not firing the burner on either DHW or heating, on CH demand the pump starts but no burner, it has plenty of oil and no lockout light

I am a GSR engineer but know very little about oil boilers.

as we always say, best call an oftec technician then.........................

had to be done :):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
or try cleaning the photo cell for starters. just being helpful

if it doesn't lock out and the motor stays running, then probably the photocell is giving an incorrect value - replace it: could also be the motor not giving 50v on the white wire / faulty solenoid or even a faulty control box
Riello have a fault finding chart on their website (I cant link to it)

Seem to remember that model has an Inter B11C burner not Riello. If no lockout light, check if power is coming to the burner. If not, its something in the controls not the photocell. Check thermostats incl overheat stat

if it doesn't lock out and the motor stays running, then probably the photocell is giving an incorrect value - replace it: could also be the motor not giving 50v on the white wire / faulty solenoid or even a faulty control box
Riello have a fault finding chart on their website (I cant link to it)

Your right on a riello but pumps running not motor and it will be a b11 not riello on a 20/25. I still think high limit but more info needed.

He said the pump was running but not the burner (I presume he means the water circulating pump) (beat me to it Geyser lol)

Your right on a riello but pumps running not motor and it will be a b11 not riello on a 20/25. I still think high limit but more info needed.

oops, my mistake. (just back from a Worcester with a riello - that's why my brain is in riello mode!)

The pump I mention is the water circulating pump. No noise at all from the burner, I will check voltages and report back.

The back ground to the fault is that it was over presurising due to the expansion vessel being empty but was firing and working ok. I drained the boiler and pumped up the vessel to .5 bar and it has not fired since.

Reset the high limit. Sticker on foil shows arrow pointing up to it.

Reactions: s7e
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatslave 20/25 not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Heatslave 18/25 not firing. No heating or hot water but no lockout light and diverter switch is locked in place. Hot water was scalding hot earlier despite being set at a middling temp on the boiler and now there’s no CH or hot water. Makes a whirring noise but nothing fires up when we call for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello!! I’ve got an old heatslave 20/25 running on kerosene. Came up with a lockout today. Tested everything I could. Symptoms, blower not starting. But… The burner runs and the boiler works if I bypass the “back to mainboard” loop for the blower motor live. To be specific, pin 4 pink wire from...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have Worcester Bosch heatslave external oil boiler 18/25 Boiler locked out. Pressure was below 0.5 so brought pressure back up. When lock out is reset the burner attempts to light but sounds like a bag of spanners and cuts out again smelling strongly of oil. We have plenty of oil & the...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls, the fan on my Heatslave 20/25 doesn't start, I've had look and cleaned fuel filters etc and everything that should be clean is clean, fan blades have been cleaned and it moves freely by hand. When I try the boiler I can only hear the ignition clicks. I'm thinking I will need...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock