Search the forum,

Discuss Heatline capriz 24 controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy84

Gas Engineer
Hi guys. Customer has supplied a heatline capriz2 24 combi. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if volt free controls can be fitted and where they would be wired to. The manual isn't very clear with regards to controls and I've tried ringing their technical helpline to be told that they dont offer support over the phone and I have to just look on their website. Website is useless and I've tried emailing a question and had no response.

Rt is your switch live so take a live from the fused spur and take to your room stat

Room stat call to rt

Sorry to say it's either 24v or 240v

Any reason why you don't want power to the stat

Sorry to say it's either 24v or 240v

Any reason why you don't want power to the stat
Cheers I was thinking that it was going to be 24 or 240. Just trying to save on time more than anything by just fitting a volt free stat myself. It's not one of my own jobs so didn't want to be getting a spark back to fit controls but if it is powered then there isn't much option. Find it a bit rubbish that I rang the technical number and all you get told is look online. Definitely wouldn't recommend fitting one to anyone else purely down to customer service.

Cheers I was thinking that it was going to be 24 or 240. Just trying to save on time more than anything by just fitting a volt free stat myself. It's not one of my own jobs so didn't want to be getting a spark back to fit controls but if it is powered then there isn't much option. Find it a bit rubbish that I rang the technical number and all you get told is look online. Definitely wouldn't recommend fitting one to anyone else purely down to customer service.

There rubbish cheap and no back up

Wireless stat ?

There rubbish cheap and no back up

Wireless stat ?

Customer service is really bad, I was quite surprised considering they are the same as glowworm and vaillant.

I don't even know if there is a wireless knew specific to the boiler or wether I could use an external wireless. Just more time messing about looking for parts that'll work while I'm trying to do the job.

I'm wanting to just fit a volt free room stat so don't want to be putting any power through it.

That's not what 'volt free' means - it means the thermostat provides isolated switch contacts. You will need to supply power (typically provided by a link in the boiler) to one contact and take the demand signal from the other.

Electricity is evidently not your thing, so do what lots of GSRs do and find an electrician you get on with and sub them any electrical and controls work. Such arrangements can work extremely well for all involved, including the customer.

Customer service is really bad, I was quite surprised considering they are the same as glowworm and vaillant.

I don't even know if there is a wireless knew specific to the boiler or wether I could use an external wireless. Just more time messing about looking for parts that'll work while I'm trying to do the job.

Gloworm arnt that good either

Just wire an external wireless stat in honywell

Take you 15mins to wire in, once you have the parts but down to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline capriz 24 controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock