Search the forum,

Discuss Heatline C24 pressure going too high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, We have a heatline C24 boiler & when the heating is on the pressure gauge is going up into the red to as high as 3.5bar, When the heating is off it sits at around 1.3-1.5bar.

I turned it off & waited a few hours for it to settle & drained some water via a radiator bleed valve to relieve pressure from the system, I took it down to about 1.1bar while off yet still when the heating came on it went up well into the red above 3 bar. I then took a bit more water out the system to drop pressure a bit more but as soon as it went below 1 bar the heater wouldn't come on as it was below the minimum pressure.

When we have had the boiler serviced by a British Gas engineer in the past they said that when the system is off/cold the pressure should be at around 1.5bar (Which is also what it says in the user manual) & that is what it's always been around, When on/hot it seems to fluctuate a lot between 2-3 bar & there doesn't seem to be any consistency in where it sits when hot.

Any idea on what could be causing it to go into the red?

Very common but requires a gas safe engy to do the work

If you still with BG call them out, if not local Gas Engineer , simple fix,

As above, potentially a simple fix.
If British gas serviced then possibly in the 20mins it took them they overlooked something.
Get them back & get them to service properly iaw Manufacturers instructions which will resolve your issue if no component failure.
Thanks,
Andy (Allgoode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline C24 pressure going too high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock