Search the forum,

Discuss Heating with a Weather Compensator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

denver

I have a Baxi platinum combi 33HE with a weather compensator fitted and don't fully understand the using of it. I understand the way in which it works but not sure on which 'Curve' to set it on via the Central Heating Control knob. The numbers on the curve: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, do they represent the ideal room temperatures? I can measure the outside temperature but how do I find out the Flow temperature? and is it best to leave the heating on 24/7 and regulate it with the room timer/stat.
Sorry for the dumb questions but just need some pointers

It will be a bit of trial & error but it will mainly depend on the heat loss from the property. If it is new build try it on a lower curve, if it is older start off higher.
I find with my older 1930 house it will control heating fine on a curve about 3/4 up the scale, only on very cold winter evening when the temperature drops rapidly at dusk do I need to turn it up to increase the flow temp.
Use the heating on timed as you would with an older system, nothing else to do.

I have a Baxi platinum combi 33HE with a weather compensator fitted and don't fully understand the using of it. I understand the way in which it works but not sure on which 'Curve' to set it on via the Central Heating Control knob. The numbers on the curve: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, do they represent the ideal room temperatures? I can measure the outside temperature but how do I find out the Flow temperature? and is it best to leave the heating on 24/7 and regulate it with the room timer/stat.
Sorry for the dumb questions but just need some pointers

you could call Baxi technical helpline, they will help while your looking at the boiler.

you could call Baxi technical helpline, they will help while your looking at the boiler.

Yeah I did Sedgy and they were no help. I called the customers service line and she hadn't heard of it and asked is it something we sell or a third party add-on? After explaining it to her she said ill ask an engineer, after a long wait she came back to say the engineer said follow the instructions that came with the unit.
After asking her the question on the curve setting I asked here, she then said ill see if I can get him to talk to you as they only talk to the gas safe engineers on fault finding issues. After another long wait, he came on the line and said "I don't know much about the weather compensator units as we don't have a lot to do with them but will have to get to grips soon as the government want these fitted to all boilers in the future". He then asked me what the flow temperature was on the boiler display and what the outside temperature was and then crossed referenced them on the chart to give a curve of 16 and told me to set it for that. I did this but found the boiler was on for a long period of time with the burner firing every now and then as it should do to try to get the room up from 19.5 to the thermostat setting of 20 before switching off.

The house was built around 1976, detached 4 bedroom and has recently had loft and cavity wall insulation installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating with a Weather Compensator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know of a weather compensation unit that can be fitted to a cylinder? I have an Ideal Logic Max H24 which heats a thermal store. The boiler can take an Ideal weather compensation unit to raise the target flow temperature as the outside temperature drops, but the store temperature...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm new here so go canny with me. Hoping that someone can help with the following concerning weather comp, it is a Worcester Bosch comfort+ll control and in the menu it asks to set these values.These are what my thoughts are, are these correct. I am aiming for around 20c for the room...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for some advice here if anyone would be so kind. Our existing system consists of an Ideal Logic Heat H15 heat only boiler paired to a 180L Kingspan Tribune XE Unvented Indirect Hot Water Cylinder (this is the Dual Stat version). Zone 1 (Downstairs) consists of 7 Radiators + Plumbed...
Replies
Views
We are a few months into our Viessmann Vitodens 100-W 19KW Heat Only boiler and it is working fine. We replaced an old 1999 Baxi. Our house is a 2 bathroom 4 bed detatched, built 1999. The engineer did not really know the Viessmann boiler and I am not convinced his approach of “turn everything...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock