Search the forum,

Discuss Heating/water controls in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking for a bit of advice. My CH system has 2 controllers one for water and one for heating. I would like to replace these with one controller for bother heating and water contol. I have a Salus RT500RF which controls the heating and is mouted in the hall and is battery operated. In the airing cupboard upstairs there is a another controller for the water a Salus EP100. which is mains powered. I don't know whether this has a battery backup but recently we have had 2 power cuts and both times lost all the programming in the SP100?? The receiver for the RT500RF is in the loft. I'm suer there is a controller on the market that will do what i want but not sure? Also with an RF controller that controls both does it need 2 receivers one for water the other for heating. And adviv=ce would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Paul

What you need is a 2 channel programmer or programmable room stat (1 channel is hot water, 2nd is heating)

There may be a reason its been wired like that but I fully expect its an easy install for an electrician, probably without needing to run any new cables. For a plumber it may be a little more difficult depending on what their electrical skills are like

The one unit could probably go where the existing single channel programmer is located in the cylinder cupboard. Look at the likes of the Honeywell T6R-HW, Wiser by Drayton, Hive capable of heating and hot water et al or talk to an installer competent in electrics.

Heard Salus are crap, but each to their own I suppose.
Never heard of Salus before seeing this thread. Pity you didn't mention this before.
I assumed that stone1048was just another householder like me and I tried using some common sense, something I have found lacking in many so called pros, and was suggesting a solution that caused the minimum expense and disruption. Possibly they have common backing plates.

Reply to Heating/water controls in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock