Search the forum,

Discuss Heating turned off but radiators getting hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom2023

Hi

Ever since I had a shower pump fitted the radiators have been getting hot even with the central heating turned off.

The guy who fitted the shower pump says it is nothing to worry about but on warm days it is unpleasant. He says it is capilliary creep. That heating is creeping along the pipework from the hot water circuit.
The diverter valve could be not sealing and letting by, The thermostat on the HW tank could be set too high.

Does his explanation sound right and if so what is the cure?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

got a pic of the shower pump install and surrounding pipework?

I doubt the shower pump would have affected it, completely different circuits... Probably just coincidence that your old 3 port valve is failing!

I doubt the shower pump would have affected it, completely different circuits... Probably just coincidence that your old 3 port valve is failing!

depends where he has tapped into the supplies..
for instance, the other day a guy I know had a plumber in who connected the hot water to the toilet supply.. was wondering why his combi would fire when the toilet was flushed :D

a picture will tell us

depends where he has tapped into the supplies..
for instance, the other day a guy I know had a plumber in who connected the hot water to the toilet supply.. was wondering why his combi would fire when the toilet was flushed :D

a picture will tell us

He'd know pretty quick if it was the dirty radiator water being pumped over him in the shower lol!

I saw a builder had connected the cold supply off the mains water supply tho lol

as said probably nothing to do with the work carried out but the probable existing problem is more noticeable as you are now using more hot water due to ya nice shiny new pump...thus hot water circuit is on longer

as said probably nothing to do with the work carried out but the probable existing problem is more noticeable as you are now using more hot water due to ya nice shiny new pump...thus hot water circuit is on longer

Thanks for all the replies.

Would a failing 3 port valve cause the radiators to be hot when the shower hasn't been used for hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating turned off but radiators getting hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock