Search the forum,

Discuss Heating stuck on help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all

Following on from my trials and tribulations I now have a fully functioning system aside from the fact that some dopy electrician has not wired the system properly

I now am unable to turn the heating off!

Not sure his work is great (see image)

images uploader

So I will be getting him back to sort it. Until then how do I turn the heating off? House is like a sauna!

Photos below of boiler and controller (the latter doesn’t work currently)

upload my images

Thanks as ever

Can you move the lever from right to left with no resistance? Is that a 2 port or 3 port valve? as your pic doesn't show it.

No resistance suggests the valve is in the heating position so is probably wired wrong, your programmer is in heat off and your room stat is turned down I assume.

Yes mate, this electrician seems clueless

Just need to try and get the heating off as I’m so hot and spending shitloads!

The stat is a wireless Honeywell jobby

To turn your boiler off, 1st turn the boiler thermostat to its lowest position(anti-clockwise) let it run for 10 min or so until rads feel less hot then turn boiler off at its fused spur. hope this hel

Yes, that's technically known as rubbish wiring. On behalf of all Electricians I humbly apologise. Apart from it not working, the cables all need to be strain-relieved so they don't get pulled out over time. Lazy sausage (trying to use polite language).

Also make sure he wires your cylinder stat up, you shouldn't have to touch that red handled valve, its purely for balancing your system as in many cases water will take priority over your heating.

Ok so I turned the boiler down to kill the rads, worked fine

Got no hot water though as the valve is obviously stuck in the heating position

Is there anyway I can manually get the valve to provide hot water?

The electrician is coming back tomorrow but hate cold showers!

Sadly no as it seems youve got no demand for HW, your valve is going to the heating only position, unless you have an immersion heater.

It’s really weird cos Saturday morning I managed to get hot water by fiddlin with the valve

Trying to do it again and getting nowhere

So frustrating

Looks like this mate

image host sites
Sounds as if the valve is either stuck in the the heating position, or is being driven there as it is permanently energised due to faulty wiring. If the latter, when you turned the whole system off at the spur it should spring back. Did it? If not, and the wiring is seriously wrong, it might be still getting power from elsewhere. You could take the cover off and check if you're getting voltage on any of the terminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating stuck on help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock