Search the forum,

Discuss Heating Pump not horizontally installed by BG and noisy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

AJL

My heating pump was installed by BG with the motor shaft at a 45 degree angle. Could that account for why it is so noisy? From what I have read, pumps should always be installed with the motor shaft horizontal so that the bearings wear evenly.
WhatsApp Image 2018-09-24 at 14.40.02.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-09-24 at 14.43.34.jpeg

Should I ask BG to sort it out on the next boiler service?
thanks

Yes it's wrong.
That'll be acting as a trap for air, possibly what the noise is.

I suspect the pump was already that angle and BG have fitted a new head without bothering to straighten it up.

when was this fitted ? it looks like an old one like we used to buy down the pub - but its still wrong unless you are in Australia

My heating pump was installed by BG with the motor shaft at a 45 degree angle. Could that account for why it is so noisy? From what I have read, pumps should always be installed with the motor shaft horizontal so that the bearings wear evenly.
View attachment 34620 View attachment 34621
Should I ask BG to sort it out on the next boiler service?
thanks
When is the service due? I would get it changed before it can do anymore damage to the bearings.

when was this fitted ? it looks like an old one like we used to buy down the pub - but its still wrong unless you are in Australia
its a mutihead pump kit that british gas use can be fitted to several different pump bodies

Get the whole pump replaced probably fitted to a dirty system when was it last flushed and cleaned ? Kop

That's the thing with BG, as with all large companies, you get good Engineers and not so good Engineers. Better to find a reliable trustworthy Heating Engineer of your own!
In my opinion.

That's the thing with BG, as with all large companies, you get good Engineers and not so good Engineers. Better to find a reliable trustworthy Heating Engineer of your own!
In my opinion.
Also some BG engineers are really service engineers (like my drinking colleague in pub) not intervention engineers - this job is clearly wrong
and has returned to haunt you after a while - new pump from BG set up correctly and all FREE ..make that call

Also some BG engineers are really service engineers (like my drinking colleague in pub) not intervention engineers - this job is clearly wrong
and has returned to haunt you after a while - new pump from BG set up correctly and all FREE ..make that call

Quite true!
However, I personally think that all Engineers should at least be competent in recognising an incorrect installation such as this. Even if they are not going to rectify it themselves, they should be capable of ensuring it is either dealt with in order to avoid a future break down or inform the customer that it may cause an issue in the future if it is left as it is.
Wouldn't you agree?

Quite true!
However, I personally think that all Engineers should at least be competent in recognising an incorrect installation such as this. Even if they are not going to rectify it themselves, they should be capable of ensuring it is either dealt with in order to avoid a future break down or inform the customer that it may cause an issue in the future if it is left as it is.
Wouldn't you agree?
absolutely, my friend runs a similar operation to BG and needs success on each hard intervention at least 1st time on most visits to make money maybe BG do not care. This one job has cost BG a packet already and x that by 500,000 snafu's end off business

Tbh if BG have replaced a faulty/ worn pump under a service contract then you won't get the engineer altering the position of the pump if the head can just be swapped.

Depends what's been paid for

3E86658A-9B10-4EBA-B0D5-3CA5C04CC4F1.jpeg Grundfos pump head with BG logo acceptable pump positions hard to tel from photo but if don’t match get them back

Reply to Heating Pump not horizontally installed by BG and noisy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock