Search the forum,

Discuss Heating problem with solid fuel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tambo

Hi can anyone help me I have a solid fuel Central heating system,the issue is that all of a sudden 3 bedroom radioators won't heat up the other 2 rads in the bathroom and hallway work fine as do the rads downstairs,no air locks in the rads so don't know what the problem is,if anyone could help.

If it has happened all of a sudden then it's not the thermostatic radiator valves stuck off and it probably dirt in system.
Try turning all the other rads off for a couple of minutes while the heating pump is running to see if rads start to heat. Some solid fuel systems are done wrongly and air can get into pipes.

I've already tried switching all the rads off,I'm wondering would it be better to drain the system then take it from there?

Usual October problem after heating system dormant all summer. Ensure pins in TRVs free to move, F&E tank has water and no air in system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating problem with solid fuel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
K
We have a dual heating system, a solid fuel stove with back boiler and a external kerosene heater. The kerosene heater is working fine heating the radiators and the water for the taps The solid fuel stove will heat the water for the taps but the radiators will only get luke warm. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and the domestic heat exchanger for the hot water tank (300litres). Old heating system with steel 2-inch pipes and cast iron segmented rads We were warned...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Looking at some time connecting my solid fuel boiler up to HW cylinder, problem i have is where cylinder is the first floor drops by about 350mm so can not get a continues rise in pipe work, attached should be a diagram i think would overcome this issue, can you see any issues with what i...
Replies
Views
I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the system in just over 30 years ago, everything was bought from the then local fire shop, installed with lots of advice from them, the system has worked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock