Search the forum,

Discuss Heating or heating and water randomly staying on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our gas central heating comes on for an hour and a half in the morning at lunchtime it is set for on 1200 off 1200 and in the evening 1700-2200. Since we moved into the house 2 years ago it has randomly just failed to go off. For example the heating was on 1 pm ish twice last week. It can go 10 days without doing it. The first gas safe engineer I had changed the timer controller. That didn't fix it. The second replaced 2 valves, still no joy. So neither has any idea what this could be.

Any ideas?

What make & model have you got, have you spoken to the manufacturers, with so much being controlled by microchips these days it could be one of several things.

Last edited:
It's getting a live from somewhere.

Find somebody who will get the testers out before throwing parts at it.

The boiler is a Worcester. Going to get the wiring checked. Presumably whoever installed the new controller wired it like for like and so the problem followed through to the new one?

boiler.JPG

Really cant see the programmer could be at fualt especially as its been changed but didn't cure the intermittent fault, more likly to be the boilers frost protection or anti -seize function causing it.

The only programmer I can remember where the orange lights would come on when there was no demand was an old Landis & Gyr RWB2 mechanical type but the boiler didn't fire up it was feedback from the 3 port valve I think. Have you asked Worcester if thay have had others with the same problem?

Did your last guys actually check anything with a multimeter? I’ve had zone valves send live up orange off their own accord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating or heating and water randomly staying on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
There is a noise, like a buzz that starts randomly but usually in the early morning. I can't seem to pin it down to one location. I have managed to record the noise and there is a link to YouTube if I'm able to post that? My heating and hot water are both on a gas central heating system, but...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get hot water ok but the heating doesn't come on when turning the thermostat to a higher temperature. I've got a 2 way motorized diverter valve which would...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at the timer panel, it works but it also heats up all the radiators above ground floor. I have to close them individually to stop this. The rads aren't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock