Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss heating only turns on if hot water is turned on then off... in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. cobyh

cobyh New Member

hi, have a worcester highflow 4.5. working fine until recently where the central heating stopped coming on, although I can manually operate the diverter valve and have it heat that way (if I lock the diverter valve open). So I thought the synchron valve was the issue, replaced that. Now it seems that the only way I can get the central heating to come on is if I turn the hot water on the off again... or lock it in place like before. (making the timer redundant). any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    coby

2. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

Have you checked there is a live feed to the diverter valve from the external controls?