Search the forum,

Discuss Heating on upstairs when it is turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused now. If you're worried about solicitor's letters why don't you get your husband to sort them out if he's a solicitor? They all use the same sort of language don't they?

Well I am afraid I havent done anything wrong. Totally innocent but on the receiving end of a bad installer who is arogant enough to demand money. None of my other trades men have had problems and have all been paid , and paid substantial amount of money. As for Oftec advertising you are when you are not is just not cricket.

The company can advertise as OFTEC, a non oftec guy installs for the company and then they may have 50 operators but only 1 OFTEC bloke who commissions everything. It's still an OFTEC registered company.

Im not worried about the solicitors letter.
The company advertised that ALL its engineers are registered and trained when they are not.

To go back to the original question (4 pages ago!) : Tamz has already answered you I think. It is due to the way the return pipes from the rads and hot water cylinder are connected. In other words - as Tamz also said - the problem originates from the original installation and is nothing to do with a new boiler. I have the same problem with my system and I just turn off the unwanted rads. I don't see how you can withold payment for a pre-existing fault which is nothing to do with the new work.

To go back to the original question (4 pages ago!) : Tamz has already answered you I think. It is due to the way the return pipes from the rads and hot water cylinder are connected. In other words - as Tamz also said - the problem originates from the original installation and is nothing to do with a new boiler. I have the same problem with my system and I just turn off the unwanted rads. I don't see how you can withold payment for a pre-existing fault which is nothing to do with the new work.

we all knew that btw Crinkmeister

It's ok, we won't be seeing any photo's as these will confirm that the blokes done a good job.

This is a wind up, I remember going to the garden center and feeding the carp all coming up to the surface for the same bread.

No photos no fix, send some photos lots of them 49 post it's a poor fix it, its all guesswork, glad we are not brain surgeons.

This is a wind up, I remember going to the garden center and feeding the carp all coming up to the surface for the same bread.

No photos no fix, send some photos lots of them 49 post it's a poor fix it, its all guesswork, glad we are not brain surgeons.

Its got to be a wind up. Why else would you come on here start 2 threads not explain a thing and get the hump with people who cant help somebody when the OP doesnt even know what they have had done or if they do they dont want to say for some reason or another.

re married to a lawyer, why would you seek advice from a forum with an expert litgator onhand. Any lawyer knows to win a case all the evidence is required to be shown and examined, theres a definate lack of that here, no pics just inuendo. Because the answers arent forthcoming to satisfy the op she moans we are a waste of time. Mainly it seems she's willing to slag of a tradesman and moan about his work and attitude, my opinion is that she's is the nightmare customer and has probably threatened the plumber with the fact hubbies a lawyer and its all gone down the pan from there. But we'll never know as the otherside hasnt been able to offer a defense!

re married to a lawyer, why would you seek advice from a forum with an expert litgator onhand. Any lawyer knows to win a case all the evidence is required to be shown and examined, theres a definate lack of that here, no pics just inuendo. Because the answers arent forthcoming to satisfy the op she moans we are a waste of time. Mainly it seems she's willing to slag of a tradesman and moan about his work and attitude, my opinion is that she's is the nightmare customer and has probably threatened the plumber with the fact hubbies a lawyer and its all gone down the pan from there. But we'll never know as the otherside hasnt been able to offer a defense!

Allegedly, guilty take them down

Last edited by a moderator:
Allegedly, guilty take them down

Send em straight to the tower I reckon. :smiley2:

We cant say that though we dont even know what system is in and the problems either.

I reckon its got to be a wind up or it is possibly the worst customer ever trying to find a way out of paying.

Hey,

You better believe this, there are crap plumbers, crap solicitors and crap custards, the list is endless, anyway who started using the word custard for customer, not a good start and a new name for the man who's paying your wages :2guns: disrespectful but only IMO, what do I know i'm not in the public services sector anymore and glad of it, go commercial boys, you never get to speak to the custard, now you got me at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating on upstairs when it is turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock