Search the forum,

Discuss Heating not working unless hot water is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

<marc>

Hi been called out this morning to a pellet boiler there are 3 two ports one doing underfloor the other two operating radiators in the different units. The pellet boiler wont fire unless the Hot water (water jacket which forms part of the boiler) is turned on with the programmer its a Horstmann channel plus series 2 model h47XL. The motorized valves operate when they are selected on the programmer and all turn on the pump but not the boiler is this likely to be a faulty programmer???

thanks

get your multi meter out and test everything is working properly, youll find the fault along the way that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating not working unless hot water is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hi can anybody help me with a problem I am having. following a power cut the heating and hot water failed. The boiler would light but it would go out because of no flow. I thought it was the programmer blown because if it wasn’t calling for heat or hot water it doesn’t trip the electric,but as...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock