Search the forum,

Discuss heating engineers leeds/wakefield free help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkesy_plumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi there im a time served plumber since school, im 28 now, just finishing my ACS exams. I am looking to work along side a gas engineer locally to gain some more experience in boiler servicing and land lord certs etc. i would basically just need to shadow the engineer not take any evidence. its just for my own piece of mind wanting to be the best gas engineer i can be before i go out into the field.

i have great customer skills and have my own van so i can meet you on the job anytime. i can repay by taking on small plumbing jobs you dont want for free (i have my own insurance)

thanks for reading guys i know its a big ask :clover:

hi there im a time served plumber since school, im 28 now, just finishing my ACS exams. I am looking to work along side a gas engineer locally to gain some more experience in boiler servicing and land lord certs etc. i would basically just need to shadow the engineer not take any evidence. its just for my own piece of mind wanting to be the best gas engineer i can be before i go out into the field.

i have great customer skills and have my own van so i can meet you on the job anytime. i can repay by taking on small plumbing jobs you dont want for free (i have my own insurance)

thanks for reading guys i know its a big ask :clover:
I don't think it is clear what you are offering as repayment.If taking on unwanted plumbing jobs are you offering to do them for nothing and the payment for the job goes to the person you are shadowing? In any case,a heating engineer is often just that and is unlikely to bother with plumbing.However the main problem is the one that is always raised.If you work in the same town,you are being trained as possible
competition.You show a good attitude in wanting to be the best you can.I think you may have to learn on the job.I have an aps which has virtually all boiler manuals on it and sometimes you get really good help from technical depts.I recently had some good advice re-a 21 year old Myson Apollo which the customer needs to keep going through this winter.Basically each repair is a learning experience.Servicing is easier.Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating engineers leeds/wakefield free help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock