Search the forum,

Discuss Heat Shield any infomation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thaisoon17

I am going to replace a combi boiler in a property. The flue comes out underneath the facia and guttering about 250mm apart. This is too close but the boiler is about 15 years old so they may of got away with it then. really there's no where else to put the Flue so i thought about putting a heat shield above the flue. I have rang around about 10 different plumbing merchants near to me and all have said they dont even know what one is let alone where i can get one from. Any help Please!

read the manufacturers instructions , the usual clearances below gutters , eaves ect is 25mm, but your combi may be different, get reading

I have checked the manual it has to be 300mm from the gutter. Thanks for the reply anyway.

can you not just lower the unit down enough to get the required space?

no being 250mm away is with lowering the boiler down as far as i can to the worktop the boiler position at the moment is closer than that. Some mentioned about using a aluminum fire back plate and bending it to suit not sure if this is legal or not though?

Are you qualified to fit boilers ?, if so then you should know how to get round this...its quite easy really;)

yh i am qualified to fit boilers and i am getting round it by fitting a heat shield, but i just need to get hold of one.

Whats your bright idea then Zaral?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat Shield any infomation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock