Search the forum,

Discuss heat input in kw gross or kw net? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
IF appliance data plate/installation manual says HEAT INPUT - "35 KW" then what should we consider kw as a GROSS or NET? I got two different answer . My college instructor says GROSS and my mentor says NET.

aman

if it says net will be net if it doesnt say will be gross

I agree with shaun take it as input gross unless it says net cheers kop

Check manufacturers instructions, more info in there than data plate, they're all online if there's not a hard copy on site.

Agree with shaun. But if you want to have net just devide the gross kw by 1.11 and you will have net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heat input in kw gross or kw net? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just started doing my gas course and we went through on my course the calc for gas rates and working out heat input etc. I have just done a gas rate on my hob and it seems there is a discrepancy of 1 between my reading and the MI. Assuming the heat input figure in the MI is always in...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock