Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss HEAT EXCHANGER IS STEEL MUCH BETTER boiler advice needed in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Alpha man

Alpha man GSR

Just priced an Atag ic35 economiser, £1095 +vat, includes foc flue.

2. craftyset

craftyset New Member

understand i have to listen to engineers but i just dont fancy a baxi, all i get told is they the bmws of boilers maybe in NE they all where trained in baxi

3. sammathias

sammathias GSR

Atag are meant to be the nuts. not personally registered with them but a few local installers swear by them. I personally fit vaillant or glowworm. wouldn't contemplate fitting a baxi. aftersales is poor in my opinion.

4. craftyset

craftyset New Member

i know dad has a baxi and its failed every year from being 2 year old but been fixed as he now has breakdown cover, That seems a cheap rice for a ATAG was told they over £600 more than a baxi platinum.

awating a fitter to get back to me who apparently does ATAG

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

No Intergas fans here then?

6. sammathias

sammathias GSR

only ever seen 1 intergas boiler. customer said it had never brokedown. I think ive just been sticking to what I know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Only 4 moving parts

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. jajodu

jajodu New Member

I've counted the moving parts in my vaillant and count 4. Pump,fan,gas valve and pressure guage.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. gnawood

gnawood New Member

Hi Jajodu, you forgot about the diverter which is the most unreliable moving part. I have 4 Vailant Tubro Max and on average have had to replace 2 diverters every year.

10. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Something's wrong if your replacing them twice a year

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jajodu

jajodu New Member

my vaillant isn't a combi so only 4 moving parts.