Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss HEAT EXCHANGER IS STEEL MUCH BETTER boiler advice needed in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. craftyset

craftyset New Member

whats building regs is that not for new properties the plot thickens.

googled ATAG seems like a quality product but i imagine i struggle to get a engineer if things go wrong, what about Viessmann??

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Go onto the ATAG website. Click on the menu. Click on find an installer and Roberts your fathers brother. Just so you know ATAG do not sell to engineers or trade centres that are not registered with them. Anything you find on sale on the net are old ATAG boilers you want one of the new ones with a 10 year warranty.

3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The best ! .

Indestructible SS heat exchanger .

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Harvest Fields

Really!!!!:p:p;)

5. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

Building regs are things like TRVs, timed and programmable Heating, zoning if required, smart/weather compensation style controls to become the norm

6. craftyset

craftyset New Member

well asked for a list of installer need to await email lets hope there plumbers in north east

7. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Hell yes , have you seen one , oh and picked one up

8. Harvest Fields

Never fitted one mate. I’ll stick to me Vaillant EcoTec plus 8 series thanks.:p

• Like Like x 1
  9. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

The glow worm is a budget boiler.
    Are you going to buy the boiler yourself??

10. craftyset

craftyset New Member

was looking to buy myself as found some people want to fit whats best for them not me,

however if go ATAG route have to buy from approved heating engineer, atm unsure of what cost is as looking at a IC Economiser

11. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

You may find you don't get the extended warranty if you supply it yourself.

12. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

Glowworm Energy is not budget

13. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

Don’t buy yourself it’s always more hassle. Plus your fitter is under no obligation to help if you have teething problems. Get some more quotes and specify what boiler you’d like. You are the customer after all

14. craftyset

craftyset New Member

will do when i find best boiler i then will look for accredited fitter,

baxi platinum is still coming up top of list with plumbers in my area,

15. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

I’ll save you a lot of effort mate you ask 20 plumbers on here you will likely get 15-20 different makes suggested. Personally speaking I would prefer to have an installer who knows their product and can set it up properly rather than turning up to fit what the customer has bought. Just my opinion but if you aren’t going to listen to your local installers recommendations then it’s really finger in the wind. For my money I would fit Vaillant or Glowworm, I find their aftersales support Excellent (I know some on here will argue differently) and I can only speak about the experiences I’ve had. They are good to work on and parts are readily available when out of warranty. I think we can all tell you what makes to avoid but the decision is ultimately yours.

• Agree Agree x 4